Saturday 6 December 2014

Magic mantra

Every morning when I'd get into the car, to go to work, the first thing I'd do is, turn on the radio. I'd expect some melodies songs ,instead,the only thing I got to hear was, non-stop, nonsensical blabbering of the Rjs, crude , double meaning jokes, prank calls to unassuming people - which would lead to loads of abuses and countless advertisements. In fact, many of the advertisements made me feel like a complete loser, because I didn't own a golf-course facing house with swimming pool in it or I'd be subjected to sob stories of people, about how they got dumped by their bf/gf and needed advice. And, if after all this, I was lucky enough to get to listen to a song,it would be something like 'Na Mumbai ki, na Dilli ki, Pinki hai paisewallon ki '.


Though my place of work is only a 15 min drive from home, on most days, by the time I'd reach, I'd experience at least one or more these emotions - irritability, anger,distress,confusion and sometimes plain and simple disgust. It was a pretty awful way to start my day.
Sound is energy. Some of the effects of sound on the brain include, evoking emotions, triggering the release of stress chemicals and impacting the development of new neural pathways in the brain. How we use this energy is up to us.

The ancient Indians understood the importance of sound for our physical, emotional and mental well being. The Rishis developed the Vedic science of mantras, to utilise the subliminal as well as the cosmic powers of sound. A mantra is a phrase or word which is repeated over and over again. As the specific pattern of controlled wind-flow through the holes of a flute produces specific sonorous tune, likewise, the vibrations induced by the repeated rhythmic chanting of a specific mantra generate intellectual, spiritual and emotional effects on our minds.


Significant scientific research on the demonstration and the measurement of sonic energy has been carried out in the modern age of advanced technology. This includes pioneering research in the area of ultrasonic in the USA and Germany. The applications of ultrasonic and infrasonic technology range from strategic weapons to bio-medical instruments, from brainwashing to sound therapy and from tele-communications to remote control of the spacecrafts.Having realised that the energy generated through jaap of a mantra, would be of exponential magnitude as compared to that of the atomic energy,some pioneering scientists have also begun an in-depth study of this ancient science.


http://www.dsvv.ac.in/…/…/2011/02/indu-mahamritunjayajap.pdf


I don't really find enough time to chant, but over the past few months, I have been playing several mantras, practically all the time ( in a soft volume) at home, while travelling and especially around kids.I wont say that the mantras will bring an end to all your miseries, but I can tell you this, that it'll give you immense peace, emotional strength and support and also a clarity of thought. When I listen to the mantras, there is a sense of well-being that I cannot explain.


Gayatri Mantra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgjpAO3CJTY
Mahamriyunjay Mantra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyjwFgXRNY
Ganpati mantra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ZWA8c6Gdw
Ek Onkar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbftHnxqUfk

No comments:

Post a Comment